Tuesday, March 3, 2015

No Snow!!! – Kristina



Well I think this is a record so far, a whole week without snow! This makes me a very happy camper. So we will start back to the beginning of the week where Monday brought a whole bunch of soreness. Stairs were miserable and ibuprofen was a must. Last Sundays run was the most I ran in about two years, so Monday was a struggle, but that didn’t stop me. I went to the gym and ran/mostly walked on the treadmill then lifted. Although this workout was miserable, I am so glad I did it. Tuesday, although still slightly sore, I was very happy I got myself moving on Monday. I truly feel “if you don’t use it you loose it” and “a body in motion stays in motion”.

My most positive note of the week came on Friday. I worked overnight and then decided to run Comm Ave after. My initial goal was 5-8 miles, but I felt good, so I kept going. I ended up doing a solid 10 miles and probably could have gone a little longer. Sunday brought another long run down Comm Ave with one of my running partners Katie Calvo! She is faster than I am and she kept me moving! The struggle right now seems to be trying to follow a work out regiment. I have been trying to follow the Hal Higdon Boston Running program, but this being my first Marathon and with working overnights I need to listen to my body, which requires a second off day. I am doing my best to get as many miles in which I know will help, but my goal for March is to try to follow the program as much as possible! Seven weeks away. Yikes!!

No comments: