Monday, March 19, 2012

Super Crazy Week – Danielle

Not too much to report this week other than things are super crazy at my house. Training for the Marathon and handling everything at home with the three kids, their busy schedules and work on top has made me realize that it is good thing there is an end in sight. I am enjoying my runs despite everything though. I was not super thrilled when my daughter Grace announced that she was going to join the track team, which added to the craziness but agreed to it anyway. So with five soccer practices, four soccer games, five track practices, two to three days working, two physical therapy appointments per week on top of just the everyday stuff, I decided the only thing I can do is take a deep breath and run with it (no pun intended). I know the Marathon will be here in about four weeks and hopefully I will get a few hours of time back to myself to
reduce the craziness in my life right now.

On a bit of a sad note, we experienced another loss in my family, my uncle, my mom's brother, passed away Sunday. She of course is still trying to deal with the loss of my dad. I head up to Maine yet again for another funeral.

On a happier note, I continue to run three times a week and do some strength training two to three days per week. My youngest came down with pneumonia this past week, so fitting in my three runs got a bit tricky. I was thankful for my sitter who kindly came over short notice so I could keep my running schedule half way normal. My physical therapy has definitely been a huge help in regards to my body awareness and body mechanics. I was saddened to find out that the place I go to is closing in about four weeks but I'm thankful that it should be open until Marathon day. My runs this week included a 14-mile run, a six-mile run and a 21-mile run that I did in three hours and 12 minutes. I have no idea what is good time or bad but all in all, I was happy with my accomplishment. I was also feeling good about tolerating the energy beans during my long run. They are very easy to carry along but my biggest complaint is that chewing jelly beans and running really isn't as easy as it sounds. I was a bit worried about aspirating these darn things, but they work, so they will be with me on the big day and if something happens and I start to choke, I'm certain with all the people around, someone will save me!!

My goal this week, add another one to two miles to my long run. This is where I want to be pre-marathon, at 22 to 23 miles. I also plan on putting my patch on my running jersey this week and finding someone to scan a picture of my dad on the shirt as well. Lastly, I am working on my Marathon music list. Right now I have too many slower songs and I think it’s dragging me down. Time to step it up a beat or two! I'm starting to get very excited for the big day! See everyone next week.

No comments: