Thursday, March 3, 2011

An Easy Long Run – Todd

This last weekend I was able to complete a long run. Having skipped running for two weekends since my last long run of 15 miles, I did not really know what to expect or have a plan. I ate a small breakfast and lunch and started out with a pocket full of GU, PowerBar Gel and Jelly Belly Sport Beans. I have been consistently using the LogMyRun app for my iPhone to keep track of my time and distance. Somewhere near mile five, I realized that the app had crashed between mile three and four. Since I started the day without a goal I decided to just run a course and measure it later. I continued west on Comm Ave past the Fire Station to Lexington Street in Auburndale where I reversed course and ran all the way back to Waban Hill Road across from Boston College. From there, I ran home. I ate my snacks, drank juice pouches and really felt great for the whole run. The iPhone iPod function continued to work. I listed to the Proclaimers, the Pogues and Mumford & Sons. Upon returning home, I threw my 2XU compression tights into the washer and took a shower. I put the tights on as soon as there were clean and wore them for the rest of the day. I am going to optimistically assume that my training, the specially formulated sports snacks and my compression tight all contributed to an easy long run. When I traced my run, it measured 14 miles. Perhaps that is a few miles shorter than it should have been at this time, but overall I was very happy.

No comments: