Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Successful Week – Jenna

I successfully made up my mileage from last week, as well as completed my quickest 16 miles yet with L Street. Yesterday’s long run took us through Milton, Hyde Park, Canton and through the Blue Hills. I am feeling confident about completing the Marathon in a good time; however, the true test will be this coming Sunday when I run my longest distance yet – 22 miles on race course. We will start at Hopkinton and will end somewhere around Kenmore Square. This means I will be running Heartbreak at the same point I will on race day – something we have not done yet.

My friend Ture and I have decided to run the Marathon together as well. We have been training together and are running the same minute mile. This will make the whole experience more enjoyable for me and we can be there to cheer each other on throughout the whole race.

Over the past few weeks, I have been running faster and faster, originally starting somewhere around 10:30 minute miles and have been keeping a steady pace of 9:45, which is faster than I ever thought I would run for Marathon pace.

April 18th can't come fast enough!

No comments: