Thursday, April 15, 2010

No One Runs Alone – Donna

I have been glued to the weather forecast this week as I'm sure many other runners have. Currently it is forecasting mid 50's and cloudy for race day. This brings a smile to my face as the reality is sinking in at the task at hand for Monday. If you are interested in tracking me my number 26255. On race day you can check out www.bostonmarathon.org. There will be a tracking feature to input my name or bib number to see where I'm at on the course.

I have to give a big THANK YOU to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Without them running "Boston" would not have been possible. They have given me and the team tremendous support these past couple of months and the staff have been super encouraging. I also must give a big shout out to my husband, Chad. He has been there 100% and has made it possible to get out for the training runs, which hasn't always been easy since when we both work full time and have two rambunctious toddlers. This type of support along with all of my friends and coworkers who donated to make this possible is what will keep me going to the finish. Although it will be my legs running across the finish line, I will have the spirits and words of encouragement from all of you with me. I believe no one ever truly runs alone.

No comments: