Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hoping for the Best – Andrew

Well...I have mixed emotions about this coming Monday. I took two weeks off over the last four weeks to let an injury heal. It seems that my taper was more like a drop off. The leg feels good today. I have been icing, stretching and compressing. I ran six miles last Saturday, three miles on Monday and four miles on Tuesday. I will probably do one more short run and then hope for the best. I am still wary of how my leg will hold up during the marathon, but I am very excited to be participating in such a prestigious event. I am thrilled about the challenge of running 26.2 miles and the chance to run alongside so many others. I would like to thank Newton-Wellesley Hospital for this wonderful opportunity. I also thank those who are supporting me in this event. The forecast on Monday is supposed to be great running weather! I am excited to pick up my race packet tomorrow. Good luck to the NWH Marathon Team!

No comments: