Friday, February 19, 2010

Sprinting up Heartbreak - Andrew

Training has been going fairly well so far. There have been no injuries to report, just sore muscles. I ran 15 miles last Saturday morning. I ran around the Charles River. It was cold but I managed to stay reasonably warm. I hobbled through the last couple miles, but I made it. I ran nine miles on President’s Day along Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue (around Chestnut Hill and Newton). I actually felt great after my run and was able to sprint up Heartbreak Hill without passing out. It was nice to have a little sunshine Monday afternoon. I do shorter runs in the mornings before work at a gym. I am not fond of running on treadmills, so I am anxious for the weather to warm up a bit so I can do more runs outside. I met someone who has run the Boston before and he gave me some tips on running.

No comments: