Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not Feeling So Hot - Annie

Training this week has been a little harder, as I have been dealing with a pretty nasty cold. I skipped cross-training on Monday, and took rest days both Monday and Tuesday. I still got all my mid-week miles in however, as I did 6, 4 and 4 on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as opposed to the 3,7,4 sequence that Hal Higdon had laid out for me. It all works out! I usually push myself for speed when on the treadmill, but took it pretty easy due to my not feeling so hot.

I've also been eating lots of fruits and veggies this past week, and getting more sleep than normal. I am going to try to keep this trend alive, and not just an exception as I am getting over a cold. After a great rest day on Saturday, I did a tough 11 miles for my long run on Sunday, with the last 2 to 3 miles running into a strong wind off the Charles. Ugh. Thankfully I had my sister as a running buddy and we powered through it together!

This week's mid-week runs are 3,7,4 and I will hopefully be at 100% to work some speed into the treadmilling. I'll definitely try doing that for the seven miler, as the less time spent on the machine, the better. Good impetus for being speedy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie!

Training for the Boston Marathon is always a contest with the Wicked Winds of Winter!

Sprin will come!

You look great!

The (homesick) Fitzgeralds
Um,well that would be Bill and Susan
and the not at all homesick Isaac!!