Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lessons Learned - Tom

Lessons from this past week:
- Rest and sleep are more important than I realized.
- Pay more attention to nutrition and water.
- This training business takes a lot of time.

It's amazing how much training advice is out there in cyberspace. I could spend entire evenings on marathon training sites (and buy all sorts of equipment). Don't know if it's right or wrong, but we're trying to keep it simple. The long run yesterday was hard for me. Sylvie felt good, so she was able to keep me going. I've mostly run alone over the years but it's nice to have a partner for the long runs. But, Sunday was also just run and recovery. I didn't do anything else during the day except read the paper, nap and watch the Olympics. (Cross country skiing must have the most physically fit athletes.)

Nine weeks to the marathon. It's snowing today, so I'll be on the Shipley Fitness Center treadmill later this afternoon

No comments: