Monday, April 20, 2009

Final Prerace Entry – Steve

This has been one of my toughest marathons to prepare for. First I was very excited in the beginning to be chosen to represent Newton-Wellesley Hospital. The training started out hard, difficult with many aches and pains from not running consistently and going the longer distance. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to do the distance again. Even for an experienced marathoner, the distance seems to be longer as we get older. After completing many of my longer runs I started to feel more confident that the distance would be a reality. Once I was able to complete my longest run of 25 miles I was sure that distance was in my pocket, but now I have become greedy. I would like to become a qualified runner again and Monday, I am hoping for a 3:45 time. It is in my reach but I won't be disappointed if I don't make it in that time. I do have one thing helping me in this pursuit. My daughter, Linsey will be running with me from the Hospital to the finish line. This should be enough incentive to make it in time. She will be a very positive force in my final mile of the Marathon. Here's hoping for a good run. Thank you to all that have wished me well in this years Marathon!

No comments: