Monday, February 9, 2009

An Up and Down Week - Cody

This has been an up and down week for my training. For the past few weeks I haven't been good about keeping to my plan. I was on vacation for a week in January (does skiing count as training), and the week after I got back I had some foot pain that has kept me from running or working out for about a week. I'm not quite sure why it came or what it was caused by, but it was bad enough to worry me. At the start of last week I decided I would test it and get back in the gym. Last week it didn't bother me much and I was able to get back on track. Last Saturday I ran 12 miles in one hour and 50 minutes and felt great. I ended faster than I started and my foot never hurt during or after my run. I've never run that far before and this was a benchmark workout for me. I'd previously decided if it went well I'd continue on this strengthening and minimal mileage program and if it didn’t, I would convert to a more traditional high-mileage program. Needless to say I was very encouraged after having a few weeks of minimal training and I'm continuing on with the minimal mileage program. So that was great, but this week has not been so good. Outside projects have kind of taken over my life and I haven't made it to the gym all week. Plus I'm traveling to Colorado for the lab component of a course I am taking, so I won't be able to do much training wise this weekend either. I'll get done what I can and then buckle down next week, get back in the gym and hit the road.

No comments: